Current Openings with the Advaita Team
Advaita Bioinformatics (advaitabio.com) is a growing analytics SaaS company that uses artificial intelligence and data science approaches to enable breakthrough discoveries in biomedical research, medicine and drug development. Our technology is changing the way research in medicine and drug development is done. Our customers are world-renowned scientists working on game-changing problems in life sciences. Our products help them understand diseases, improve patient outcomes and develop new treatments. The company is a profitable, high-growth company looking to expand its support for new and existing customers. As such, the company is looking to add a Bioinformatics Scientist to its team.
At Advaita, we love what we do, and we do it well. We work hard but we care about a healthy work-life balance. Our people are bright, dedicated and push the existing technology boundaries to change the future of health care. Every team member can see their impact on the company, our products and our customers.
The role of the Bioinformatics Scientist is to undertake in-house research leading to new product capabilities, and peer-reviewed publications, as well as to ensure new customer implementation, training and support. Regardless of whether you are a fresh Ph.D. or you have years of post-doctoral experience, you are very well versed with bioinformatics data analysis and tools. You are passionate about science and research. Maybe you are looking to get the hands-on experience that would allow you to become the CTO or the founder of a future startup in this area. Maybe you are tired of being in a stagnant position or a rigid environment. You like to be where the rubber hits the road – at the interface between sophisticated software tools and their users who are brilliant Ph.D.-level scientists or bioinformaticians. You can explain such tools to the life scientists, as well as explain the needs of the life scientists to the development team.
- A Ph.D. in bioinformatics/computational biology or life sciences, or M.Sc. and significant experience in bioinformatics
- Good understanding of common problems in data analysis of high-throughput genomics and proteomics data
- Ability to develop strong product knowledge of Advaita products
- Several years of post-doc experience in bioinformatics data analysis would be an advantage
- Strong knowledge of R, Bioconductor and standard bioinformatics tools and pipelines including single cell and spatial transcriptomics
The successful candidate will have the following traits:
- You have an analytical background but are able to communicate with life scientists, or you are a life scientist but have a deep understanding of data analysis
- You are an outstanding communicator – able to prepare and deliver compelling presentations and visuals
- You are an organized, disciplined, hands-on scientist able to extract knowledge from data
- Willing and able to interact on equal footing with outstanding Ph.D.-level scientists
- You are excited to work at the forefront of technology helping to create tomorrow’s tools
- You want to become a better scientist
- You want to further develop your publication and grant record as part of a well-established and recognized team and without the pressure of a tenure system
The Role has several basic parts:
- Research scientist
- Be able to effectively use advanced bioinformatics tools to analyze data
- Be able write technical papers and grants
- Be able to act as a PI on existing and future grants
- Be able to deliver outstanding presentations in scientific meetings and events
- Product Manager
- Respond to technical inquiries regarding our products
- Deliver customer training & product demonstrations
- Communicate with sales, customer success and development teams to resolve customer issues
- Communicate customer feedback to inform sales, marketing, customer success, and development decisions
- Educational Content Creator
- Develop use cases to showcase product capabilities and customer success stories
- Develop and improve customer on-boarding materials
Advaita offers benefits including health, vision, and dental insurance, a retirement plan, and can also sponsor work visa and green card applicants. Stock options in an extremely promising company are an important component of the compensation package. Come and have a rewarding career while helping to make the world a better place!
Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Senior Software Engineer
Advaita is a small but fast-growing company that uses artificial intelligence and data science approaches to enable breakthrough discoveries in biomedical research, medicine and drug development. Our technology is changing the way research in medicine and drug development is done. Our customers are world-renowned scientists working on game-changing problems in life sciences. Our products help them understand diseases, improve patient outcomes and develop new treatments.
AdvaitaBio is searching for an individual with at least 3 years of experience in the development of web applications. The successful candidate will join a growing team of developers with a vision for developing an intuitive, easy-to-use SaaS platform for biomedical researchers.
Responsibilities include designing and developing user-friendly bioinformatics tools for the analysis and visualization of biomedical data. The successful candidate will have software architecture design and development skills. Previous bioinformatics experience is helpful but not required.
We prefer candidates who are willing to expand their expertise but already have several years of experience with the following technologies:
- Bootstrap 3 or Angular Material, and CSS stylesheets
- RESTful APIs
- GIT for code versioning
- Maven, Spring-boot, Spring Web
- Docker, Java, Spring-Framework, R and relational databases such as PostgreSQL
Other helpful skills include:
- Using security protocols such as OAuth 2.0
- Using agile development processes such as SCRUM
- Data engineering and visualization of biological data using tools such as Cytoscape.js
- Problem solving and data engineering using R or Python libraries for data science (e.g., Bioconductor, NumPy, Pandas)
- Integrate products using Amazon Web Services such as notification services (SNS), and queue services (SQS), and EC2 Container Service (ECS)
- Continuous integration tools
- UX design principles and applications
Advaita offers benefits including health, vision, and dental insurance, a retirement plan, and can also sponsor work visa and green card applicants. Stock options in an extremely promising company are an important component of the compensation package.
Come and have a rewarding software development career while helping to make the world a better place!